Lead Software Engineer
Excellent opportunity to join a funded renewable energy technology company as we scale up our engineering and business development teams. Our software is used to accelerate renewable energy and fight back against climate change. We believe that the future of energy will be 100% software-driven and we are at the leading-edge of innovation in this revolutionary market.
The Lead Software Engineer will own the backend and systems architecture of our product suite and support a small team of talented frontend and backend engineers in helping to develop the next iteration(s) of our renewable energy software products. The role will also involve recruitment and training of junior engineers, knowledge sharing with our high-profile Board of Directors, strategic decision-making, thought leadership and culture-shaping.
Enian was founded in 2017 by Phillip Bruner & Varun Sharma – renewable energy experts and serial co-founders with a passion for solving climate change through fast-paced innovation and technological disruption. The Company has raised significant early-funding from sector experts and is currently rolling out a flagship project management solution, as well as a Google-like searchable map of the entire global energy system (https://energysearch.io).
The Company’s mission is to fix our broken energy system with data and software. We are a values-driven organisation, who trust talented individuals to deliver amazing results with minimal bureaucracy.
- Stewardship: we take responsibility for the future
- Integrity: we aim to uphold the highest standards in software development and CX
- Thinking Big: we only build products that scale globally
- Empowerment: we aim to give our customers and employees a competitive edge
- Optimism: we believe in the power of technology to overcome obstacles
- Objectivity: we take decisions based on data, not politics
Candidates should ideally have a strong interest in or curiosity for renewable energy and a desire to do something to solve our climate change problem. As the successful candidate you will be responsible for:
- Improving existing functionality and help shape future of the product suite
- Planning and writing automated tests and expanding test coverage
- Lead weekly scrums/ product manage in close cooperation with our VP Product
- Co-developing new features for the product from initial spec to building, testing and launching.
- Work effectively in a true Agile, lean startup environment
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Proven experience as a Senior / Lead Python Developer (4+ years of experience) using the following technologies:
- Python frameworks such as Django/Flask
- GraphQL APIs
- AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, S3, RDS and EC2)
- Limited experience/exposure to microservices using Kubernetes
- Deployment and CI/CD tools (such as Ansible/Terraform/Jenkins)
- A limited understanding of machine learning libraries such as (Pytorch/Tensorflow)
- Experience building team is a plus
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate to non-technical stakeholders, managers and team members
- Lead Software Engineer
- Salary £85-£110k + EMI stock options (DOE)
- Duration: Permanent
- Start date: ASAP
- Location: Anywhere
Competitive salary, private health cover, EMI options (DOE) and getting to work alongside a friendly team of renewable energy tech renegades.
Enian is an Equal Opportunity Employer – we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.